- Practical nutrition information and everyday healthy living tips for families
- Nutrition experts who specialize in nutrition for mothers and their children
- Support and information about breastfeeding, including access to peer counselors and International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC).
- Help in finding health care and other valuable community services
- Benefits to buy healthy foods - such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk, eggs, bread, cereal, juice, peanut butter, soy milk, tofu and more!
- Breastfeeding parents and their babies receive additional food.
To find out if you are eligible for WIC, visit the California WIC website eligibility page.
To make an appointment, call your local 831 WIC agency:
- Monterey County Health Department, Monterey County:
Salinas, Monterey Peninsula: 831-796-2888
Soledad, South County: 831-755-4700
- San Benito Health Foundation, San Benito County: 831-637-6871
- Community Bridges, Santa Cruz County
Santa Cruz: 831-426-3911