All information included on this page is from California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) websites.
Breastfeeding: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Academy of Pediatrics state that parents with COVID-19 can breastfeed. When breastfeeding, precautions should be taken to reduce the risk of passing COVID-19 to their baby.
More information from CDPH and CDC.
- Guidance for Vaccination During Pregnancy
- Guidance for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Information for WIC Families
- CDC: Breastfeeding and Caring for Newborns if You Have COVID-19
- CDC: COVID-19 Vaccines While Pregnant or Breastfeeding
- CDC: COVID-19 Vaccines for People Who Would Like to Have a Baby
- CDC: Pregnancy FAQ
- CDC: Breastfeeding FAQ
- CDC: Pregnancy and Vaccines
- Tips for Coping with a New Baby During COVID-19
- Getting Pregnant in the Time of Coronavirus
- Other: Breastfeeding During COVID-19